Friday, January 5, 2018

Card sketch #113

TGIF!!!  Are you as excited for the weekend as I am?  Today we have our first card sketch of the month up at the Sketch N Scrap blog!  Here is the fun sketch by Heather:

Here is my card based on the sketch:
Supplies Used: Card stock: Stampin Up- Whisper White & Basic Black; Patterned Paper: Stampin' Up (orange) and Echo Park Summer Bliss (stripes); Stickers: Echo Park Summer Bliss
When I saw this sketch I immediately thought of this banner of flip flops!  This sticker sheet had been on my desk since this Summer waiting to be used and I didn't really ever use it, so now is a perfect time, with the cold weather we have been having flip flops sound pretty good about right now!!!  This card came together so quickly and I just love these colors, plus this orange strip which was about 1/2 inch longer then I needed had been in my scrap pile in my scrap cart and that pile is OVERFLOWING so I need to use up some of it....so nice that this piece was almost the perfect size and shade of orange I needed!!  There was an orange piece in my paper collection, but I figured why cut apart a 12 x 12 piece when this one scrap needs to be used up!!  I have been busy behind the scenes working on my planner, organizing my scrapbooking cart and getting ready to bash some stash...tune in next week for a post on my scrappy goals/resolutions for 2018 and some tips/pointers on how I am organizing my stash in order to use it up!!!  In the meantime keep creating friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment